I AM WHO MY JESUS SAYS THAT I AM
Composed by Z. A. Ogunsanya, 25/10/2019. In my room early in the morning, while hearing Pastor Sheyi Shode’s early morning broadcast (containing an old song that says “I am what God says I am”), that woke me from a few hours sleep, after working almost throughout the night, on the new book I am writing, on the challenge of African consciousness.
1. I am who my Jesus says that I am /3ice.
I am a genuine child of God.
Chorus: Oh yes, I am a true child of God
I will always do what His word says to me
Nothing anywhere can stop me to do well
For I am now who Jesus says I am.
2. I will do all Jesus says I should do /3ice.
I will do all things by His grace.
3. I will live as Jesus says I should live /3ice.
I will live in true holiness.
4. I will pray as Jesus says I should pray /3ice.
I will pray and receive answers.
5. I will read as Jesus says I should read /3ice.
I will read and search the scriptures.
6. I will love as Jesus says I should love /3ice.
I will love both my friends and foes.
7. I will go where Jesus says I should go /3ice.
I will go to preach the gospel.
8. I will go with my Jesus when He comes /3ice.
I will go with Him to heaven.